TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All copyright and other rights that subsist in the home page and in the sub-domain pages of the stuffmideast.com website (“the Site”) are owned by Motivate Publishing (“Motivate”) or other parties.
In consideration of Motivate allowing you to access the pages of the Site all users of the Site are deemed to accept the following terms and conditions of use:
1. Subject to what is said below material from the Site may be downloaded, viewed, listened to (where appropriate), printed, copied on the hard disk of your computer (but not photocopied) and used for your own personal, non-commercial purposes as a personal information resource in good faith ONLY. Any other type of use requires the prior written agreement of Motivate.
2. You agree that you will not use the Site:
- for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material, the publication, dissemination, use or possession of which infringes the rights of any person or which is unlawful in any other respect;
- in any way which is abusive, defamatory or obscene or which will harass, distress or inconvenience any person or which might restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Site by any person;
- for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation or commercial exploitation;
- for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- to create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes material downloaded or otherwise obtained from the Site;
- to transmit or re-circulate any material obtained from the Site to any third party;
- in such a way so as to remove the copyright or trade mark notice(s) from any copies of any material made in accordance with these terms; or
- in any way that might bring Motivate into disrepute.
3. Motivate may publish any material you submit, post, upload, email or otherwise transmit to them or to the Site at their sole discretion and they shall be entitled to make additions or deletions to any such material prior to publication.
4. You hereby grant Motivate a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual and worldwide licence to republish any material you submit, post, upload, email or otherwise transmit to them or to the Site in any format, including without limitation print and electronic format.
5. You confirm that you are at least 18 years of age, or, if under 18, that you are accessing the Site with full parental/guardian consent.
Newsletters and Subscriptions
This Clause shall apply where you register with Motivate in order to receive any newsletters by email or by any other means (“the Newsletters”) or you subscribe to receive copies of magazines or other publications by email, on-line download via a web browser or post (“the Publications”).
6. You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested by Motivate in the registration or subscription form (“the Registration Information”).
7. You agree to maintain and promptly update the Registration Information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
8. These terms shall apply in relation to your use of the Newsletters and the Publications in the same manner in which they apply to your use of the Site. Without affecting the generality of the foregoing, Clauses 1.1 and 1.2 above and Clauses 4 and 5 below shall also apply as if the words “the Site” were replaced by “the Newsletters and the Publications”.
Removal of Material and cancellation of Access to the Site
9. Motivate shall have the right to refuse to provide you with Newsletters and/or refuse to allow you access to any of the pages on the Site at any time and for any reason without giving you any advance notice and Motivate shall not be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever (other than losses or damages for death or physical injury arising out of the negligence of Motivate or its employees) arising from Motivate’s refusal to provide you with Newsletters or your inability to access any of the pages on the Site.
10. Motivate shall have the right at any time and for any reason to remove from the pages on the Site any material posted, uploaded, emailed or otherwise transmitted by you without giving you any advance notice and Motivate shall not be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever (other than losses or damages for death or physical injury arising out of the negligence of Motivate or its employees) arising from the removal of such material.
11. The copyright, and other rights, in some of the material appearing on or in the Site may belong to a third party. It is your responsibility to obtain any licences or permissions that may be required to use such material and you agree to pay any costs or expenses incurred by Motivate which arise as a result of your failure to obtain such licences and permissions.
12. The information provided on or in the Site is intended for recreational, non-commercial purposes only. Whilst every effort has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information provided by Motivate and its employees in these pages, the contents of the Site reflect the opinions of the writers, they are personal to them and are naturally subject to change from time to time. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF USERS TO CHECK THE ACCURACY OF RELEVANT FACTS AND OPINIONS GIVEN ON THE SITE BEFORE ENTERING INTO ANY COMMITMENT BASED UPON THEM.
13. Motivate cannot guarantee that your use of the Site will be free from error and/or uninterrupted. Motivate , its directors, its employees and its representatives exclude, in so far as it is legally possible, all liability and responsibility for any damages (other than liability for death or physical injury arising out of the negligence of Motivate or its officers) including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential damages, damages for loss of opportunity or chance, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of, or in connection with, any information on the Site or any other Internet sites or the use thereof.
14. Some of the pages on or in the Site include material (including, but not limited to, advertisements) posted by third parties. Individual users and advertisers are solely responsible for the content of advertising and other material which they submit to Motivate and for ensuring that such content complies with all relevant legislation. Motivate accepts no responsibility for the content of material posted by third parties, including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein.
15. On some of the pages of the Site users may be given the opportunity of entering into agreements with third parties. Motivate is not liable in relation to, and takes no responsibility for, any contract entered into by users with any third party.
16. Save unless otherwise stated, Motivate makes no warranty whatsoever as to any goods or services purchased or obtained or offered to you through use of the Site, whether accessed directly or otherwise.
17. Some of the pages on the Site include links to external websites. These links are included to give users the opportunity to access other pages that it is felt may be of assistance to them. Motivate is not responsible for the content of these Internet sites.
18. No links from external websites to the Site are permitted without the prior written consent of Motivate .
Competition Terms and Conditions
19. All entrants to competitions promoted on StuffMidEast.com and Stuff magazine must be 18 years or over and resident in the UAE. 2. Employees and their families of Motivate Publishing (“Promoter”) or any of their affiliates are not eligible to enter. 3. No purchase of any sort is necessary. 4. All entries must be received by midnight on the closing date of the competition. 5. The winner will be the first correct entry to be selected at random, which will be witnessed by an independent observer. 6. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into. 8. The prize is subject to availability and the Promoter may substitute the prize with another of a similar nature and/or comparable value. 9. The prize winner will not be entitled to a cash alternative. 10. The Promoter will not be liable if the prize does not reach the prize winner for reasons beyond the control of the Promoter or if the Prize is damaged during delivery. 11. By entering this competition, the winner consents to any publicity generated as a result of the promotion. 12. Only one entry per person. 13. Spammers will be disqualified. 14. Any entry will be void if the Promoter deems it incomplete, illegible or has been made by an ineligible person. 15. Proof of entry is not automatically proof of receipt. 16. This competition is designed to raise an interest in Motivate Publishing, publishers of StuffMidEast.com and Stuff magazine. 17. SMS competitions cost Dhs3. 18. Email or social media competitions are free. We would like to contact you from time to time with offers, and product information which we think would be of interest to you. By entering this competition you are consenting to this.
20. The names, images and logos identifying Motivate or third parties and their products and services, are the proprietary marks of Motivate, and/or may be the proprietary marks of third parties. Any use made of these marks may be an infringement of rights in those marks and Motivate reserves all rights to enforce such rights that it might have.
21. These terms may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review these terms and conditions regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the Site after any variation has been posted.
22. If any of these terms and conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the terms and conditions and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
23. You hereby agree that the Registration Information (and all updates of the Registration Information) and any other information sent to Motivate by you or otherwise obtained by Motivate about you (“the Personal Data”) may be processed by Motivate for the purposes of:
- processing your requests;
- providing you with information by email or other means;
- providing you with information about products and services of Motivate and other parties;
- providing a personalised service;
- maintaining accounts and records;
- administration of membership records;
- statistical analysis and conducting market research surveys;
- assessing and evaluating the use that is being made of the Site; and
- information and databank compilation and administration.
24. THE PROCESSING OF THE PERSONAL DATA MAY INVOLVE MOTIVATE DISCLOSING YOUR DETAILS TO REGULATORY BODIES AND/OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES. If you do not wish your Personal Data to be disclosed in this manner, please make this clear by sending an appropriately worded message to Motivate by clicking here.
26. From time to time we may also notify you of other goods and/or services offered by Motivate or others. If you prefer not to receive such offers or details, or if you do not wish your Personal Data to be processed in the manner outlined above, please make this clear by sending an appropriately worded message to Motivate.